inspiration. Once again found in the form of a shrunken piece of plastic.

Forgiveness Please!
I know I've left you with bated breath.
"When will I get my next dose of randomness?"
you say quietly in your head.




The system may seem defunct,
but there is a quiet beauty to the nature of the random blog post.

Quality not quantity.
Information upon inspiration.

Once again found in the form of a shrunken piece of plastic.

If you've become a tea room regular, you've most likely heard reference to our fondness for shrinky dinks. In our version of the dink we use #6 plastic which is not recyclable and commonly found in to-go food containers.

In preparation for his show opening, tea monkey Ian will be giving away "dinks" (though he prefers us not to call it that) of his artworks that will be premiering
in his show Momento Mori here at the tea room.






These are two dinks that I made of his painting "The Grim Steeper" It was fun dinkin' with doom, but I needed to get back to work on my own obsessive dink project.

I've been slowly putting together a jewelry/art piece inspired from this awesome old German woodcut I found in an almanac from 1840.

This is the latest in the series of characters from the woodcut. I'm planning on reinventing the image into jewelry and making a small light box stand for all of the pieces to be displayed upon when not in use.

I really like the simplicity of the sharpie lines against the colored pencil. It's gonna be really cool when it's done!